No international organization collects data on regional or global political violence trends, which complicates the task of mapping threats to human security. There is a dearth of reliable information, methodologies are complex and often contested, and findings are sometimes contradictory, or at the very least, appear to be so.
In the absence of official statistics, the Human Security Brief draws on a range of different Data Sources.
- Canadian Study Reports New Threats to Global Security but Reveals Encouraging Long-Term Trends
- Comprehensive Study Finds Incidence of Terrorism Declining Around the World
- Report on Political Violence Finds Global Wars Still Declining-with Dramatic Decrease in Africa
- Study Shows Major Declines in Armed Conflicts, Genocides, Human Rights Abuse, Military Coups and International Crises
- Greatest Source of Wartime Sexual Violence Ignored